Daylight savings time can be deadly
Take care of yourself and those around you as we change our clocksBook consultation
☀️Daylight Saving Dangers☠️
As daylight hours extend and spring kicks in its great to see Christchurch coming to life more and more.
I've been chatting with many clients lately and quite a few people aren't aware re: how dangerous daylight saving time can be for people so I thought I would share.
The change to daylight saving is linked with an increased rate of heart attacks. "One study found a 24 percent increase in heart attacks on the Monday after daylight saving time starts. Another found the risk of stroke is 8 percent higher on the two days following the time change".
I brainstormed a couple ideas that may help you over this time:
- Enjoy the extra time off on 26th September and use it to recharge your batteries.
- Down-regulate. Slow down, try practicing relaxation techniques or breathing exercises.
- Schedule some time to rest.
- Build up your fitness/physical condition gradually without forcing or rushing it.
- Try changing your wake up time by 5-10 minutes per day in the lead up to Sunday.
- Get lots of natural light in the morning.
Let me know if you have any other helpful tips?
☺️Wanting to Become Pain Free and more Active? 🥳
There is still time to improve your posture and improve your body (& your flexibility) in time for summer. Get in touch and lets make it happen.